Who We Are
Spirit and Life is a contemporary, Biblical United Methodist Church serving the Northern Virginia community. We have two services: one English-only, and a second bilingual Spanish/English service. At both services you will experience the same relevant and succinct message along with live, contemporary music creating a wonderful worship experience. Small groups meet Sundays after service and throughout the week, where participants connect with others and grow in their relationship with God.
Where We're Located
Both of our services meet at 10:00am on Sundays at Forest Park High School.
Forest Park High School
15721 Forest Park Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22193
Get Directions »
Helping people authentically encounter Jesus Christ through worship and small groups for lives of service.
"It is the Spirit that gives life: the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to your are spirit and life." John 6:63
Our vision is to be a living sign of God's presence in our community.
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14
Our Core Values
Authenticity: We believe God made each of us fearfully and wonderfully and we honor God’s creation when we present our true and authentic selves to God in worship and to one another in fellowship. We are committed to being honest, open, and vulnerable with one another.
Welcoming: We believe God desires a relationship with each and every person and we seek to extend God’s welcome to all who come to our church. This starts in creating a non-judgmental space where people are free to come as they are.
Hospitality: There is always room for one more at Spirit & Life. Our way of being is not fixed or unchanging, we are committed to making a place for the next person God is sending us. We are willing to be changed in the name of helping one more person feel at home.
Relational: We seek to be in relationship with each other as encounter Jesus invites us into relationship with God. We seek to accept everyone God calls into relationship with our community. We foster relationship through growing together in small groups and in serving together on ministry teams in the church and in the community.
Why We’re Here
Only 18% of Virginia residents have a church home. We want to become that home for you and for the other 82% of our neighbors whom God has called us to love. Whether you’re a long-time believer or whether you feel far from God right now, there's a place for you and yours at Spirit & Life. There’s a connection and joy here that can only be found in God through meaningful worship and small groups, all so that we can live lives of service to the world.
When we designed our logo, our intent was to capture the essence of what Spirit & Life Church stands for. This included both the elements of the name (spirit, life), and also the concepts behind them (growth, service). Learn More »
What We Believe
We believe in the Trinity. God is real, the Creator and Master of the universe. He desires a personal relationship with every one of us. Jesus Christ is Lord, the only begotten Son of God, and the way to the Father. The Holy Spirit is alive in our midst, leading, sustaining, and empowering believers today.
We believe the Bible is God's Word for all humanity. It is timeless, relevant, and true still today.
We believe the Church is the living and active community of all Christian believers throughout the Earth. We are called to be Christ’s hands and feet in this world, living our faith through service.
We believe salvation is the forgiveness of all our sins. It is the completely free gift of God's grace through faith in the crucified and risen Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and Master of our lives. A born-again Christian is a person who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and Master of their life. Having saved us from sin and assured us of eternal life, God provides us with grace to grow as we live as Christians.
We welcome those from all denominations, as well as those seeking to learn more about Christ. For further info about our United Methodist denomination, theology, and heritage, please visit www.umc.org.